Schedule a Consultation
TIPS FOR QUICK RECOVERY FROM DERMAL FILLERS
Our busy lives leave little time for “recovery,” of any sort, but especially for our face! We see a tremendous difference in our patients who utilize this information to reduce the severity & duration of bruising and swelling.
The most common side effects following nonsurgical cosmetic procedures are redness, swelling, and bruising. The degree to which this will occur following your procedure is dependent on your age, health, medical history, and medication(s) you are currently taking.
- Unless prescribed by your physician, Aspirin, as well as Vitamin E, Fish oil, and Flax seed Oil should be stopped two weeks prior to your procedure date.
- Avoid all other blood thinning agents 7 days prior to your procedure including, but not limited to Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Excedrin, and alcohol
- Immediately following all procedures, elevate your head and use cold compresses intermittently for the first 24 hours to reduce swelling.
- Utilize very warm compresses to treat bruising from dermal filler procedure(s) no sooner than 24 hours following the procedure. Soak a washcloth in comfortable hot water and lay it over the bruise for 20 minutes. Repeat several times a day until the bruising has diminished.
Arnica Montana is a homeopathic medication that is widely used to reduce bruising, swelling, pain and shorten recovery time for cosmetic procedures such as Permanent Cosmetic Makeup and dermal fillers. We have recommended this to our patients for years with great success.
- How to use Arnica pellets: Arnica Montana pellets can be started up to three days prior to your procedure and continued after your procedure as long as needed. The pellets should be handled as little as possible, but placed directly under the tongue, allowing quick diffusion of the medication into the bloodstream. Place 5 pellets under the tongue, 3 times a day, and allow them to dissolve. Immediately following your procedure, take 5 pellets every 15 minutes for an hour, then continue with the regular dosage until all swelling and bruising has resolved.
- Arnica Montana is available at our office, or at any health food store. Contact the office to request them to be mailed to you or you are welcome to come by during normal business hours to pick them up.
Auriderm Cream: Auriderm cream should be applied topically to areas where bruising is present at least three times a day immediately following your dermal filler procedure. This should be continued until all bruising has resolved. We will give you Auriderm cream after your procedure.
We are open Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. We are located at the OU Medical Center in Dr. Gary Hill’s office at 105 S. Bryant St., Suite 108, Edmond, OK 73034.
Do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions!